BMI Chart Poster - BMI Table for Everyone
Over two thirds of the people in the United States are overweight or obese. Most of them do not realize they need to lose weight. This BMI poster uses the established body mass index or BMI chart to help individuals see where their weight falls in proportion to their height. Show them where they are on the scale and guide them to use effective diet and lifestyle means to lose weight.
Use the BMI index on this wellness poster to assess weight and health risk.
Learning objectives & benefits:
- Normal BMI Chart: Use this 18 X 24 color BMI poster for adolescents/teens and adults 4' to 6'4" on one side.
- Bariatric BMI Chart: Use the other side for obese patients (200 to 500 pounds) so they can track their progress while they are losing weight.
- Color ranges help everyone see just where they fall.
- Free BMI handout explains the BMI chart and it helps everyone lower their weight and BMI for better health. You will receive the handout download with your poster purchase - the link comes right away with paid receipts to your email inbox. Handout by Victoria Shanta Retelny, RD.
- This wellness poster advises, "Body Mass Index (BMI) is a measure of your weight relative to your height. It may not be accurate for athletes and those with a muscular build or for seniors and others who have a reduced muscle mass. Talk to your doctor to see if you should lose weight. A weight loss of just 10% of your current weight will help lower the risk for developing diseases associated with obesity."
- It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 12 - 100
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.