The MyPlate Plastic Plate features the new USDA icon to help your clients fill half of their plate with fruits and vegetables, a whole grain, and a low fat protein, and add a low fat dairy choice.
These MyPlate Plastic Plates are perfect to use as an educational tool to show your clients how to make a healthy plate with the new USDA icon, MyPlate.
Objectives and learning goals for the MyPlate Plate:
- Half the plate is filled with fruits and vegetables.
- One quarter of the plate is filled with grains.
- One quarter of the plate is filled with protein.
- And there is one serving of dairy in the top right corner.
The MyPlate Plastic Plates work great for wellness fairs, cooking demos, classrooms, or one-on-one consultations.
- The colors for each food group correspond with the colors used by the USDA Choose My Plate icon.
- Each section is clearly labeled in English.
- Since the dairy section is attached to the plate you can hold it up with one hand to give an instant visual for many important nutrition education lessons:
- healthy portion sizes
- getting enough fruits and vegetables
- showing all five food groups
- how to eat a balanced meal
- and how to make a healthy plate
SIZE: 10 3/4" outside diameter. 9" food area diameter.
- The inner lines are white and are not physical separators.
- They are stackable.
- Made of FDA approved ABS plastic safe for food use and break resistant.
- It is not scratch resistant, so care must be taken with use with utensils or other sharp objects. It is not made for use in the microwave.
- The plastic plate is light and durable. It is easy to carry.
- They are dishwasher safe, too!
BONUS: you get to download a free handout about MyPlate to use with this plate after purchase.